PLEASE CAR SHARE IF POSSIBLE!
Information from the organisers about the race is as follows....
On the 31st May, Hardley Runners have the pleasure of hosting race 4 of the 2017 RR10 series. This will take place on the Cadland Estate, Blackfield, near Fawley.
A link to the course route can be found here https://www.strava.com/activities/583942028. It is a single lap of 4.8 miles, the same as the previous 4 years. We have run the course a few times in the last few weeks and recommend trail shoes. Most sections of the course are currently dry, but the tracks are rutted in places. There are also tree roots and small amounts of mud. The mud could be worse if we see rain over the coming week.
Parking will be provided on the Queen Elizabeth II Recreation Ground in Blackfield, accessed from Thornbury Avenue, Blackfield. SO45 1YQ for your Sat Nav. As ever, we expect parking to be tight, so please car share if possible.
- The start is 19:30 hours prompt. Please allow plenty of time to arrive - the A326 will be busy with traffic in the evening.
- The midges will be out in force, please consider bug spray.
- We do not have sole access to the Cadland Estate, which is popular with dog walkers, cyclists, horses and other users, so please be considerate to the local residents.
- The Cadland Estate is also home to horses and cattle.
- The route is a mixture of grass, trail and muddy sections. Water can accumulate and tree roots, ruts and low branches are the some of our interesting features. These will be indicated by marshals.
- Toilets will be available in the QEII pavilion.
- Please be considerate to other forest users and be aware of cattle, horse riders, cyclists and dog walkers on route
Rob Wells & Dan Latham