The event info sent to the other clubs in the league is as follows:
Hedge End Running Club has the pleasure of hosting Race #6 of the 2017 RR10 series. This will take place on Wednesday the 21st of June at Manor Farm Country Park, which is on the outskirts of Hedge End, just off Junction 8 of the M27. The nearest postcode is SO31 1BH… Link to Map
The drop out club is New Forest Runners.
The route is the same as the past few years. It is a single lap of about 5 miles with a small climb towards the end of the race. The course map can be downloaded from here.
The course is mainly dry at the moment, although one section in the woods is quite muddy and trail shoes are recommended. Spikes are not suitable. The dry weather in the Spring has exposed more tree roots than normal, which we will try and mark wherever possible. There are narrow sections through the woods and a very uneven section along a bridleway where extra care should be taken.
As ever, we expect parking to be tight, so please car share as much as possible. There will be no parking charges for the evening, so there is no need to buy a parking ticket. Please do not park on the access road outside the Country Park entrance. We plan to fill the car parks closest to the entrance first and work back towards the start. This will hopefully help avoid congestion with cars attempting to leave the park being blocked by runners arriving. Please follow the Car Park marshals’ instructions and be aware of traffic while walking along the road to the start area.
- The start is 19:30 prompt. Please allow time to arrive, park and get to the start.
- We do not have exclusive access to the Country Park, which is popular with dog walkers, cyclists, and other users, so please be considerate to the local residents. If the weather is fine, there may also be families picnicking in the Country Park.
- We have been promised that the Ladies and Gents toilets in Barnfield will be left unlocked for the race.
- The Start and Finish will be in Barnfield
- The route is a mixture of grass, gravel paths, trails and bridleways, with muddy sections through fields and copses and along the river bank. Tree roots, ruts, large stones, low branches, posts, steps, bridges and a cheeky incline at the end are some of our interesting features. These will be indicated by marshals where possible.
- If you have a car, please leave the Country Park by 9.10pm… the entrance gate for vehicles is locked at 9.15pm