The competition will run from September each year. Scoring for the competition is based on a points system for men’s and women’s performances in 5 of the 6 standard race distances listed:
5km; 5 miles;10km; 10 miles; Half Marathon; and Marathon.
Results will be updated and published on a monthly basis.
The following rules will be applied.
1. All timings must be verifiable from official race results. Parkruns will also be included for the 5k distance.
2. Members are allocated points for their best time during the competition year over each distance (40 points for fastest, then 37, 34, 32, 30, 29 and then reducing by 1 point for each position).
3. The competition year runs from 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014. The highest 5 for each member are then totalled to give the overall standings.
4. Members do not have to compete in all events, obviously they will be disadvantaged if they compete in less than 5 distances.
5. Separate rankings for males and females. Trophies to be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd males and females.
6. It is the member’s responsibility to submit their best time in each distance to firstname.lastname@example.org Times can be submitted for any race you run to improve your ranking as the year passes and your time decreases.
7. Pentathlon Veterans Trophy - This is an extension of the Pentathlon competition but is an award for men and women that are aged 50 or over on 1 September in the year of the competition. Trophies to be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female veterans.
8. For results to be considered in the competition runners must be paid up members of HERC on the day of the race in question.
9. The Pentathlon Award can only be awarded to a first claim member.