Stretch of the month (glutes)
- Lie on your back and bring your knee towards your opposite shoulder to feel a stretch in your bottom
- Changing the angle you take the leg will change the position of the stretch and you can play around to find the stretch that feels most effective for you.
Strength of the month (core plus spine mobility)
- Lie on your back. Exhale as you tilt your pelvis back underneath you, pressing your lower back into the floor
- Slowly roll your spine off the mat one vertebrae at a time to the tips of your shoulder blades
- Hold this position as you inhale and take your arms over your head
- Exhale as you roll the spine back down, one vertebrae at a time, followed by your arms. Make sure you keep your weight equal through both feet