You are cordially invited to join together to form club teams for the annual Miles of Miles Relay, organised by Southampton Athletic Club, to be held on Wednesday 2 July 2013 at 7.30pm at Southampton Sports Centre athletics track.
The format is a 10 leg relay over a 'metric mile' (4 consecutive laps for each runner) with teams from all of the local clubs. All teams need a minimum of two ladies, but an all ladies is also an option.
- Each club can enter three teams of ten runners.
- At least two of each team must be female.
- Runners may only run once for a team.
- Each member of the team will run 1 metric mile (4 x 400m)
- Change overs must not be made in the inside two lanes.
- A Team has finished when all ten members complete their mile.
- Winning team is that with the fastest time and receives a cup.
- £20 donation to be made per team entered on the night.
This event is an excellent way for us to have some evening competitive fun. It would also be a great opportunity to experience track running.
If you would like to be part of a team please let us know either by accepting the Facebook invite.